Round Rock ISD is an outstanding school district where children truly come first. Our district has thirty-four elementary schools, eleven middle schools, seven high schools, and three unique programs (GOALS Learning Center, Round Rock Opportunity Center, and Elementary Discipline Alternative Program). Our teachers and administrators are dedicated professionals who are committed to providing students the best possible education. The substitute program supports this endeavor and offers various substitute opportunities throughout the year for classroom substitutes, registered nurses (RN), licensed vocational nurses (LVN), and other temporary assignments.
- The Round Rock ISD Substitute Office is currently accepting new applications for classroom substitutes from applicants who meet the criteria below.
- Completion of two years of study at an institution of higher education, or
- Have a combination of education and/or related work experience (i.e. daycare, private school teaching, teaching assistant, etc.), equivalent to two years or
- Completion of formal substitute teaching preparation course.
The daily rate for classroom substitutes is $85 per day. To apply for this posting, click the following link:
- The RRISD Substitute Office is currently accepting new applications for registered nurse (RN) and licensed vocational nurse (LVN) substitutes who possess a valid Texas nursing license and CPR certification. The daily rate for registered nurse (RN) and licensed vocational nurse (LVN) substitutes is $100 per day. To apply for these postings, click the following links:
- Registered Nurse (RN) Substitute
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Substitute
- The Round Rock ISD Substitute Office is currently accepting new applications for tutors for a college readiness program that serves middle and high school students during the school day. All tutors will receive in-depth training that will teach the specific process each tutor will use when working with students. Tutors can work between one and five hours per day. The hourly rate for this assignment is $10 per hour. Click college readiness program for more information and contact Margie Davis at (512) 464-5967 or Margie Davis@roundrockisd.org to discuss becoming a college readiness tutor.
To review these and other available opportunities for substitute applicants, visit the Round Rock ISD Employment Opportunities page.
Upon verification of qualifications, the Substitute Office will schedule an appointment with the applicant to submit the required paperwork and complete the hiring process. Please also note an online application must be completed for consideration. Substitute teachers must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible for high school assignments.
Please continue to visit this website for future updates from the Substitute Office.
Round Rock ISD Administration Building
1311 Round Rock Ave
Round Rock, TX 78681
Phone: (512) 464-5034 or (512) 464-5156
Main HR Phone: (512) 464-5040
Fax: (512) 464-5182